Dear Sisters,
September--first month of fall, my favorite season. Think pumpkin patches, leaves changing to gold and red, and the evenings falling into a coolness and a darkness, earlier and earlier each night. The poet Robert Frost wistfully entreats the beauty of autumn to linger as he writes, "Release one leaf at break of day, at noon release another leaf; one from our trees, one far away; retard the sun with gentle mist; enchant the land with amethyst . . . "
I hope that we can find the time to truly savor this beautiful season. We lead busy, often frenetic lives. We are like the harried white rabbit in "Alice in Wonderland", rushing about and shouting, "I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date!" I implore you to examine how you spend each hour and see where you can adjust to allow for a calm moment to contemplate nature's gifts and to offer gratitude to our Heavenly Father. As for me, I spend too much time watching TV . . . and even reruns of shows I have already seen . . . sad! So, I have some changes to make to free up precious time. Remember, an inch of time cannot be bought with an inch of gold. ~Chinese Proverb
Love, Heidi, Arna, Lisa, and Suzanne
No comments:
Post a Comment